Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:37:40 +0100
From:      Joerg Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        Michele Heurs <michele.heurs@aei.mpg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI problems on HP Compaq nx6325

As Michele Heurs wrote:

> Meanwhile I have freeBSD 6.2 stable (of Monday), but ACPI still
> doesn't work. Booting with ACPI enabled results in the the system
> being unresponsive, the mouse is "jumpy" and input is only
> recognised after long delays or when the mouse is moved.

Sounds a lot like what I've been suffering from as well.

Have a look at PR i386/104678, and the patches referenced there.
Using these patches, my nx6325 works reasonably well.  Alas, it still
appears to burn a lot more energy than when running under Win32, and
speedstep doesn't appear to be fully supported.

I've got more troubles still (wakeup from suspend mode always freezes,
sound is only supported by the commercial OSS driver and even there,
it always mutes the speaker, battery is often not properly detected in
acpiconf -i0, the ndiswrapper driver for the builtin WLAN card panics
immediately when loading), but I think you have to get the more basic
things to run first until we could talk about that.