Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:04:52 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Majid Almassari <majid@ibroadcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, click46 <click46@mminternet.com>
Subject:   Re: Signal 11?

Majid Almassari wrote:

> Usually Signal 11 indicates Memory problems of some sort. Replace your RAM
> and see if that helps.

Just remember that sysinstall on 3.4 CDROM can cause signal 11's. From
the ERRATA.TXT at
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.4-RELEASE/ERRATA.TXT

We have the following:

o    As shipped, the "Custom" installation option in 3.4 is broken
     and menu items like Configure don't work.

Fix: Both the "Novice" and "Express" install paths still work and
     can be used just as effectively (if not succinctly).
Alternately,
     you can invoke the custom installation from the "Index" menu
     (Installation, Custom) along with the Configuration option. You
     can also download a fixed mfsroot.flp floppy image (or boot.flp
     if you need 2.88MB boot media) from the following URL:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.4-RELEASE/floppies/updates/
     The 3.4 ISO installation image is also updated to contain fixes
     for all these errata items.

Kent

> --
> Majid Almassari, MSEE, MCP.
> System Administrator.
> iBroadcast, Inc.
> majid@ibroadcast.net
> http://www.ibroadcast.net

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html