Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:17:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@ohoyer.de>
To:        Banana Flex <flex.banana@bluewin.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware on FreeBSD 5.2.1

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Banana Flex wrote:

> hello!
>
> i have a little problem, can u help me?
>
> i would like to buy a new server called HP Proliant ML310
> the hardware on this machine for the ethernet is a Compaq NC7760
>
> this is working on FreeBSD 5.2.1? i have not seen this number on the
> hardware notes

HP relabels Intel and Broadcom chips.

I havent't looked yet, due to some lack of time, but they should be gigE
chips, and then its whether bge(4) or em(4) which will work.
(have tested on 380G3 with similar cards)

HTH
Olaf

--
Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer@gaff.hhhr.ision.net
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,