Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 10:56:51 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.aceonline.com.au>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIS

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Daniel O'Callaghan wrote:

> > Unfortunately I haven't tried it myself..
> > However you *COULD* try the linux http transparent proxy ..
>
> I have a firm belief in OS homogeneity.

What do you mean?

> > grab a copy via anon ftp from wombat.omen.com.au in /pub/other.linux.stuff
>
> Might be useful to work out how it is done

Its really easy, and AFAIK it doesn't use any "linuxisms" that could be
easily fixed.

It basically grabs the requested HTTP request, munges it into the format a
proxy would like, and forwards that onto the proxy, returning what the
proxy returns.

Again, I'll be doing it tomorrow at work.

Cya.

--
Adrian Chadd			| UNIX, MS-DOS and Windows ...
<adrian@psinet.net.au>		| (also known as the Good, the bad and the