Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:00:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nathan Chilton <nathanchilton@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fxp0 SCB/DMA timeout with Intel Pro100 Cardbus II card

uname -a
FreeBSD nchilton-fbsd.fm.intel.com 5.0-RELEASE FreeBSD
5.0-RELEASE #1: Thu Feb 27 14:27:33 PST 2003
root@nchilton-fbsd.fm.intel.com:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/TP600E
 i386

Yes, a custom kernel, however I received the exact
same issue with the GENERIC kernel.  All I did was add
sound support and remove support for 486 and 586.

I have an Intel Pro100 Cardbus II PCMCIA card in an
IBM Thinkpad 600e.

I receive the following error when attempting to
obtain an IP address via DHCP.  The following message
repeats until I take the interface down.

==============================
fxp0: device timeout
fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xffff
fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xffff
fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xffff
fxp0: DMA timeout

I added the following line to /etc/rc.conf:
ifconfig_fxp0="DHCP"

Any help would be appreciated.  I would like to get
FreeBSD working on my laptop.

Regards,
Nathan Chilton