Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:22:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Wayne M Barnes <stabilizer@klentaq1.emergingtech.org>
To:        blk@skynet.be (Brad Knowles)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Stable)
Subject:   Re: -STABLE kernel panics during install...

    Don't 'pull rc.conf from defaults'.

    Instead, cp /etc/defaults/rc.conf /etc/rc.conf.local, and then
edit rc.conf.local.
Otherwise, a nasty loop is engendered by code at the end of rc.conf,
causing 'Out of file descriptors'.  Other fixes for this have
been posted, but evidently not accepted.

Wayne M Barnes      stabilizer@klentaq1.emergingtech.org
more free advice at   http://     "         "         "