Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:42:57 +0100
From:      "Kiril Mitev" <kmitev@ideaglobal.com>
To:        "Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: miserable boot failure after buildword/buildkernel

Dear All...

Orders to stand down were issued, and I do apologize for wasting everybody's
time on this.

An internal investigation revealed that someone who shall rename unnamed had
moved the external disk packs during one of the reboot cycles while the
upgrade was being done ... and didnt plug in the power cables properly. As
it happens, SCSI disks are all external, and the internal disks are IDE on
that particular box, and since the detection process does not depend on the
disks' own power supply... You get the picture.

Thanks, and once more - I am truely sorry to have wasted your time.

(At least have a laugh:)