Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:26:07 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disklabel -- owner?

In message <199704201359.PAA03394@helbig.informatik.ba-stuttgart.de> Wolfgang Helbig writes:
: This does not seem so any more, sorry about the wild speculation.
: The geometry seems to have worked OK. To avoid the panic "cannot mount root"
: we had to disable the IDE disk in the BIOS. We did that before installing
: DOS to protect the IDE disk. Reenabling the IDE disk caused the kernel
: and/or BIOS to get confused, so root on sd0 could not be mounted.

That's the problem I wasted a bunch of time on.  Turned out that I
hadn't told the disklabel it was SCSI so it used wd by default.

Warner