Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 02:39:55 +0000
From:      Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Binary security updates

   On december 25th, I released a "first draft" of a binary security update
tool aimed at allowing people to track the security branches without
keeping a source tree or recompiling; the response was generally positive,
but as I pointed out in my announcement, there were several problems which
needed to be fixed.
   I'm just about finished fixing up all those details, and I intend to
release a new version soon and start publishing the necessary updates for
i386 4.8-RELEASE when it comes out (not that I expect 4.8-RELEASE to
include any security holes, of course ;).  These would, of course, be
freely available (although I might ask for donations to cover bandwidth
costs if I get lots of traffic).
   Would any FreeBSD developer(s) be willing to help me with this?  I'd
very much like to have at least one person look over my code and give it
some sort of "stamp of approval"; both for my own peace of mind and to make
people feel more happy about using it.

Colin Percival