Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 1997 12:57:41 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Vasily V. Grechishnikov" <bazilio@ied-vorstu.ac.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tulip IPX support in -current unimplemented, why ?

			Hi !

     I have the following problem:
	My FreeBSD box runs FreeBSD-current and it provides
IP/IPX routing between the four newtwork interfaces ( 3 NE2000 + 1 Tulip).
Sometime ago since the CVSup'ing of -current my tulip card couldn't assign
IPX address to interface by the ifconfig. I seen at /pci/if_de.c and can't
find implementation of IPX portion of code for ioctl requests
( SIOCSIFADDR).
	After patching I can work with IPX on tulip but, the next
misteriuos thing is happen :
	IPX packets to one of my networks, connected to tulip card
can't successfully forwards from the remote network :

	    NET 0				  NET 1

         Broken IPX net.			Good IPX net.
	*--------------- Tulip (             ) NE2000 ------------*
			       ( FreeBSD box )	Good IPX net
		      +--------(             )NE2000--1'st if(*)2'nd if--+
		      |				         NetWare 3.12    |
		      |				  NET 2		         |
		      |				   		         |
		      |						       NetWare 4.1
		      |  NET 3

                  1'st if
		( FreeBSD box)
	          2'nd if                     NET 4

		      +-------------NetWare 4.1 ( unreachable from tulip).

  But Netware 4.1 from unreachable network can see from a NET 1-3 :-(

Thanks , Vasily .
 ***************[ FreeBSD it is coolest UNIX for PCs ! ]***************
 *  System admin/programmer, ftp/web/post master. * IM & PE of VorSTU *
 *  Home Page: http://www.ied-vorstu.ac.ru/~bazilio 	              *