Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 23:42:35 +1030 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        bmah@ca.sandia.gov, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: package build errors

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Satoshi Asami wrote:

> P.P.S. Ports marked BROKEN already are not included in the build.  If
>      you have a port that is marked BROKEN and you have a fix, please
>      send it in even if it doesn't appear on the page.

I was thinking about this the other day - people have been finding
recently that some of the BROKEN ports are actually in perfect working order,
since the conditions which caused them to be marked as such have gone away
(transient net problem, change in the FreeBSD source tree that fixes the
problem, or just committer error).

Including ports which are marked BROKEN in your automatic package building
would discover these false negatives (at the expense of building probably lots
of packages which are legitimately broken).

Kris

-----
(ASP) Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) announced today that the release of its
productivity suite, Office 2000, will be delayed until the first quarter
of 1901.