Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:15:45 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Alexander V Zubchenko <stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua>
To:        Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgu.chel.su>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw: catching data ?

Greetings! (Приветствую)

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Ilia Chipitsine wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> the following rule says that some packets were sent:
>
> /sbin/ipfw deny log tcp from any to me 3000 in recv tun1
Stop! You say they were sent. But this rule, afaic, must deny them.
And log must say, that packets was denied.

> which rule should I apply in order to catch what was transmitted during
> that tcp session ?
afaiu, that tcp session is lost for You. By default packet data is not
stored anywhere. You can turn on tcpdump with same rule and try to
catch next session. Hope, this help.

> Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)
> Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)

With best wishes to all fbsd community,