Date:      Tue, 6 May 2003 10:59:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steve Bertrand <iaccounts@northnetworks.ca>
To:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Invalid partition table

I was rsync'ing some data to one of my production boxes and all of a
sudden I lost my connection. On the console, a message stating 'Invalid
partition table'.

I attempted to boot from floppy and use fixit, but when trying to mount, I
get either operation not permitted, or invalid super block. I have tried:

# mount /dev/ad0 /mnt
# mount /dev/ad0s1 /mnt
# mount /dev/ad0s1a /mnt

The first 2 exist, the latter does not. I have most of my development on
this box, and the last tape backup was last night. I have about 5 hours
worth of new development that will be lost in the event I can not at least
pull data from the box. (All CVS)

Please help point me in the right direction to get this box back in usable
form!

Tks very much.

Steve