Date:      Sat, 14 Aug 1999 14:43:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kip Macy <kip@lyris.com>
To:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, James Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>, Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD XFS Port & BSD VFS Rewrite

After seeing this discussion go on for just a wee bit too long, I have a
couple of questions for the armchair lawyers to answer. Has anyone ever
successfully enforced the GPL? (in other words, has anyone ever violated
it then been sued over it?) If not, how enforcable is it? From the length
of the discussion I get the impression that it would just boil down to
who had better the lawyer.

Putting my flamesuit on.

					-Kip