Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:14:00 +0300
From:      Anton <anton@sng.by>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW: Need some help

   Hello all,

   I'm new to *nix and now, while configuring IPFW Firewall on FreeBSD
   7.2 = has stuck in a problem:

   After packet from my network is passed to natd demon - it is returning
   t= o firewall (it is normal, as I think ;-) ), but I see another
   abnormal thin= g: when it is returned to firewall, it does not come
   under rule which state= s to allow packet from some host in my
   network, and goes under rule which a= llows packets from FreeBSD box.

   I.e.: packet from 192.168.0.2, directed to 86.57.250.18 comes to
   freebsd= box. First, it comes to rule, which NATs it to interface ng0.
   Then, after = NAT rule, there is rule, which allows packet flow from
   192.168.0.2 to 86.57= .250.18 out via ng0. But, IPFW does not show,
   that any packet is allowed by= this rule - is rather shows that
   packets are allowed by another rule: allo= w all from me to any.

   Need help in explaining in this problem, and how to alter the things
   in = the way i need it (if it is real)

   Best regards,

    Anton            = ;                [1]mailto:anton@sng.by

    Administrator