Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:24:49 +0100 (CET)
From:      Memphisto <szoli@netvisor.hu>
To:        "Jared D. Hurn" <ph8al@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help... Please...

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Jared D. Hurn wrote:

> Greetings,
>     I am a FreeBSD user, and I am having some problems adding new
> hardware... I want to add a Mitsumi CD-ROM to my system, but I can not
Isn't it an ATAPI CD-ROM? I've also had a Mitsumi CD-ROM but it conformed
the ATAPI standard.
I think that noone uses these proprietary controllers anymore.
If you really have an old CDROM than take a look at the kernel config
file - it resides in /sys/i386/conf if you have installed the kernel
source - include the mitsumi controller in it, then recompile the kernel.
Otherwise use /dev/wcd0c as the cdrom device.

Sebestyén Zoltán AKA Memphisto		It all seems so stupid,
					it makes me want to give up.
szoli@netvisor.hu			But why should I give up,
                                        when it all seems so stupid?

MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR			And please avoid Necrosoft Widows