Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:22:29 +0530 (IST)
From:      Mohana Krishna Penumetcha <pmk@sasken.com>
To:        <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   arguments to driver ioctl commands SIOC[ADD|DEL]MULTI

when the driver ioctl (i.e. ifp->if_ioctl) is called with either
SIOCADDMULTI or SIOCDELMULT, NULL value is passed as data argument to the
ioctl function. but going through the code(in net/if.c file if_addmulti
and if_delmulti functions) doesn't reveal the logic behind it. can anyone
tell me why NULL pointer is passed instead of pointer to the multicast
address structre either being added or deleted.

my implementation of the driver requires this value, can anyone suggest a
method to get those values?

regards,
mohan