Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 08:39:29 -0700
From:      "Ross Potts, CON, EDS/D-SIDDOMS" <rpotts@med.osd.mil>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing from CD -- a follow up

Well, I got the release to load on a guess.  I took a closer look at my
identical systems and found they weren't identical.  One has a Seagate 1.2 gb
IDE drive, the other doesn't.  On a lark, I decided to run not just with IDE
drivers, but also the Seagate ST driver (listed in configuration).

I still am troubled by the "panic: bremfree: <SNIP>" message, though, just for
knowledge sake.  Also, I am using an AVANCE LOGIC 2302 video card.  IMHO, this
is a crap card.  It doesn't seem to support as many video modes as for example a
generic S3.  It kills the OS if I try to run XFree86, and Metro-X only sees a
generic VGA card.  But, I'm stuck with it, so, enough ranting.

--
Potts, Ross A.		    Internet : Ross.Potts@med.osd.mil
EDS-D/SIDDOMS		    Phone    : (703) 824-7601