Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:05:11 +0100
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        Nickolay Kritsky <Nickolay.Kritsky@astra-sw.com>
Cc:        Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
Subject:   Re: dummynet and vr(4)/egress broken in 4.11 ?

> Take a look at PRs 61685 and 76539. Hope that helps.

Well, I was aware of the first one (I'm doing shaping on my internal
interface as a workaround), but not the second one.  The second one
is very new and this could indeed be the same problem I encountered.

It seems that the import of IPFilter 3.4.35 in the middle of 2004 is
the source of the problem because when I switch back to 3.4.31 on
4.11, everything works.

I Cc'ed andre@ since he had not took over 76539, maybe he's not aware
of it.

Andre, what can you tell us about the drawbacks of the proposed patches ?
I think there must be some as they would have been merged if this was
not the case.

Are there any change to have this fixed in RELENG_4 ?  I know that no
more releases are scheduled in this branch, but there is no obvious
reason to let a bug live there IMHO.

--
Jeremie Le Hen
jeremie@le-hen.org