Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 18:12:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ron Scott <ron@kronos.WoX.org>
To:        Raoul Schroeder <memphis_ms@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installing PHP4 with IMAP

On Oct 2 Raoul Schroeder wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I already tried to get an answer on the PHP-INST mailing list, but no
> one seems to have an answer.
> Basically, I'd like to install PHP with IMAP as a module to APACHE
> 1.3.2, FreeBSD 4.1 release is the system. Here's the problem:
>
> Right now I would like to add imap features, and followed the
> installation guide.
> I use php4.0.2, apache 1.3.2 under FreeBSD 4.1
> php (with imap) compiles fine, however, when I try to compile apache
> 1.3.2 with
> --activate-module=src/modules/php/phplib4.a
> the make generates the following error:
> .../libc-client4.so: undefined reference to 'mm_expunged'
> .../libc-client4.so: undefined reference to 'mm_diskerror'
> .../libc-client4.so: undefined reference to 'mm_lsub'
>
> and another bunch of those.
> the compilation ends with an error exit.
>
> I have tried a few things now (re-install the c-client, re-copying the
> so file,
> re-compiling php,...), but nothing seems to work.
> Any ideas?

 The easy way: move the shared libc-client*.so.* files (not the static
libc-client*.a) from /usr/local/lib (or where you installed it) to a
temporary location while you build Apache/PHP.

Cheers,

	-Ron

> Thanks,
>
> Raoul

UNIX was never designed to keep people from doing stupid things, because
that policy would also keep them from doing clever things.   (Doug Gwyn)