Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:54:26 -0600
From:      Pete Fritchman <petef@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Tilman Linneweh <arved@FreeBSD.org>, bugbusters@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PRs assigned to people without freefall account.

++ 20/02/03 00:24 +0200 - Giorgos Keramidas:
[...]
| What do the ports committers prefer?
|
| a) Letting the responsible field contain non-committer emails?
| b) Only allowing FreeBSD.org addresses.

I think b) is the sane way to do it.  It's pretty much taken for granted
that if a PR affects port <xyz>, then the maintainer of that port is
responsible.  If I take a PR about a port I don't maintain, it's understood
that I'm going to coordinate my fixes with the maintainer (or just proxy
their fix, or approve the third-party fix with them).

I think we should only allow freefall logins to own a PR.  If someone
else owns a PR, they can't _really_ fix it.  They can submit a patch,
but they can't be responsible for committing it & closing the bug and/or
following up with the reporter of the bug.

--pete