Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 08:29:43 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
Cc:        scottm@cs.ucla.edu, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu
Subject:   Re: TenDRA on 3.0-currnet

Robert Nordier scribbled this message on Apr 13:
> John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> > Scott Michel scribbled this message on Apr 12:
> > > There appears to be some dependency in 'make install' which makes
> > > TenDRA want to change file modes on a directory named '2.2.1-RELEASE'.
> > > Which doesn't bode well for -current users.
> >
> > basicly the problem is that TenDRA uses a directory based on uname -r,
> > so that we need to generate it on the fly...
> >
> > Asami, how do we do this from the port makefile?  it you give me
> > when/where this is suppose to happen, I'll make the changes to the
> > PLIST and Makefile neccessary...
>
> The current problem is that my submitted PLIST, which contained lines
> of the form
>
>     lib/TenDRA/machines/freebsd/%OSREL%/80x86/bin/calculus
>
> has been changed to the form
>
>     lib/TenDRA/machines/freebsd/2.2.1-RELEASE/80x86/bin/calculus
>
> If you want to stick with "2.2.1-RELEASE" in place of "%OSREL%"
> for some reason, you will have to change the Makefile too:
>
> 	@${SED} 's:%OSREL%:${OSREL}:' ${PLIST} >${PLIST}.tmp
> 		   ^^^^^^^^

ahh... thanks... I'll be committing your fixed PLIST soon...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                      Modem Rev/FAX: +1 541 346 9237
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD
	    Don't trust anyone you don't have the source for