Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 1998 17:29:44 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATTENTION: enabling the PS/2 mouse driver in GENERIC

> I would propose to enable the PS/2 mouse driver, psm, in the GENERIC
> kernel in 2.2-STABLE.

I have no fundamental problems with this but would also ask that you
check through the various docs to see where it's specifically
recommended that the user enable it.  I don't recall if or where there
are docs that say this, but memory seems to suggest that there are and
I'm worried about confusing people even more.

> After enabling the psm driver in the GENERIC kernel, we may hear "My
> keyboard locks up (or works erratically)." occasionally, but, we can
> tell him to disable the psm driver then.  After all, boot.flp
> advises the user to configure devices in UserConfig.

Have you heard any such reports from the -current crowd?  If so,
that'd be cause for worry.

					Jordan