Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 15:32:10 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
Cc:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9864: make rblcheck use relay.orbs.org instead of dorkslayers.com

> You're absolutely right.  However, complaints to uu.net, psi.net,
> netcom.{com,net,ca}, att, mci, etc. have not reduced the amount
> of spam I received from those sources in the least.  Blocking
> their dialup ports has reduced it by much more than 50%.

And for other people, it blocks more than 50% of the actual traffic
they wish to receive which is why it needs to remain a SITE SPECIFIC
choice.  We may turn something like blind-relaying off by default
(since it's so widely abused in 3rd party spam) but we're not going to
turn on ANYBODY'S map database by default.  Period.  That's a local
administrator's decision to make.

- Jordan