Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 16:37:52 +0000 ()
From:      Joao Alves Junior <jalves@bsi.com.br>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Reboots with kernel ppp and COMMULTIPORTS

Hello all, I work at an ISP in Brazil. I have some machines accepting
calls, but they are rebooting between four and six times per month.
This is the configurations of my machines

COMPAQ DX2 66 20 MB RAM 400 MB HD
CYCLOM 16YE
16 spoortster 33.600 modens

kernel pppd
/etc/options/ppp
modem
ctrscts
mtu 296

IBM DX2-66 16 MB RAM
Naxos Musa
kernel pppd
16 sporsteer 33.600 modens

The error messages that I got are:

Page fault while in kernel mode and

freeing: free blocks

I looked at SMM and saw that this messages could be  from hardware errors.

But I think that, the multiports and the PC are from different marks and
they work well sometimes for ten or twelve or fifteen days.
The kernel has 16 ppp devices, GATEWAY and COM_MULTIPORT options
maxusers 100

the /etc/ttys is

ttyc0  "/usr/libexec/getty std.38400" unknown on secure
for the CYCLOM terminals

ttyd4	"/usr/libexec/getty std.38400" unknown on secure
for Musa terminals

I tried to change "unknown" to dialup, but nothing changed.

Could anyone help me, please????

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English

Joao Alves Junior
 BSI Informatica