Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 02:49:49 +0100
From:      Marco Wertejuk <wertejuk@mwcis.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        ume@mahoroba.org
Subject:   rtadvd bugfix?

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

Hello,

I was really nerved when I noticed that rtadvd is exiting
without any notice if the host is not an ipv6 gateway.

Since it took me a lot of time to find this problem
I wrote a patch for rtadvd to show a message and
noticed something strange:
rtadvd won't exit even if ipv6 forwarding is not
enabled, take a look at this patch. (attachement)
Watch out for the changed if-condition.

Is that really a bug ?
The patch works fine for on freebsd 4.5-stable
using kame version 20010528/FreeBSD.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Marco Wertejuk - mwcis.com

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

*** config.c.orig       Tue Jul  3 11:02:14 2001
--- config.c    Sat Feb  2 02:03:32 2002
***************
*** 124,131 ****

        /* check if we are allowed to forward packets (if not determined) */
        if (forwarding < 0) {
!               if ((forwarding = getinet6sysctl(IPV6CTL_FORWARDING)) < 0)
                        exit(1);
        }

        /* get interface information */
--- 124,133 ----

        /* check if we are allowed to forward packets (if not determined) */
        if (forwarding < 0) {
!               if ((forwarding = getinet6sysctl(IPV6CTL_FORWARDING)) <= 0) {
!                       fprintf (stdout, "rtadvd: ipv6 forwarding is disabled\n");
                        exit(1);
        }

        /* get interface information */

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE--