Date:      Wed, 01 Mar 2000 11:14:14 -0700
From:      Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ab.ca>
To:        "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@workofstone.com>
Cc:        Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: @Home Server Scanner?

>>>>> "schluntz" == schluntz  <schluntz@timberwolf.workofstone.net> writes:

    schluntz> The only reason I posted this back to the list is
    schluntz> because I do suggest marking off any of their ops
    schluntz> servers in the no-log of your firewall so it won't bug
    schluntz> you to much.

My solution was:

ipfw add unreach port tcp from scanner.cable.co to myhost any

Or you can put up fake services and really mess with their heads ;-)

--lyndon (a very EX-cable modem customer)