Date:      Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:33:09 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Dave+Seddon <dave-dated-1127532248.1d1f09@seddon.ca>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Efficient use of Dummynet pipes in IPFW

At 09:24 PM 9/18/2005, Dave+Seddon wrote:

>skipto
>man ipfw -> e.g. ipfw add 10 skipto 4000 all from any to any layer2 out

It's not that simple. Each rule that can send packets into a pipe
has at least two conditions (e.g. IP address, interface name, and
in or out via that interface). Do you propose that I apply
DeMorgan's theorem to every rule that sends packets into a pipe? If
I did, I'd produce a whole long list of "skipto" rules for each
individual rule I had before. Could get very messy -- and create overhead.

--Brett Glass