Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:42:12 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Subject:   Re: [RFC] splitting of conf/NOTES

David O'Brien wrote:
> I doubt bt(4) will work on sparc64, PowerPC, or IA-64.  So do people want
> all that's in NOTES.bt (and that's a lot of docs) to be duplicated three
> times in sys/{alpha,i386,pc98}/conf/NOTES or split out as I have??

What they probably *want* is for bt(4) to work on sparc64, PowerPC,
or IA-64.  8-) 8-).

What they should probably *get* is per machine exceptions, via
"nodevice", which are then correctable on a case by case basis,
instead of having to be corrected globally for all the platforms
all at once.

-- Terry