Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:20:57 +1030
From:      Phil Kernick <Phil@Kernick.org>
To:        Santos <casd@myrealbox.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Console size

I now have the ability to create a > 80x25 console, but I still have one
problem I can't resolve.

If I set the size of ttyv0 to 90x30, and then switch to an X session, and then
switch back to ttyv0, I'm back in 80x25, but the console width is still 90.
This leads to an unusable console.

Interestingly, when the screen saver on the console cuts in, it seems to
restore the vidcontrol setting.

So, my question is, how do I get the vidcontrol setting automatically restored
when a Ctrl-Alt-F1 from an X session back to ttyv0?

Thanks,
Phil.

--
    _-_|\   Phil Kernick                      E-Mail: Phil@Kernick.org
   /     \  ROTFL Enterprises                 Mobile:  041 61 ROTFL