Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 11:11:00 -0700
From:      Arun Sharma <arun@sharmas.dhs.org>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New hw.cpuhz sysctl as per PR i386/27627

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 12:38:40PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is a slight modification of the patch in PR i386/27627.
> Are there any downsides to implementing this?  If not, how should
> it be extended to allow probing non-TSC/non-i386 timecounters?

Does this sysctl adjust itself on machines with Intel SpeedStep
technology ? Based on my web searches, the MSRs which contain that
info don't seem to be documented. I've read about efforts to reverse
engineer the windows utility PRCPU.EXE, but haven't seen any results.

It'd be great if this sysctl is adjusted.

	-Arun