Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:57:16 +0200
From:      Thomas Gellekum <Thomas.Gellekum@gmx.de>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: eclipse-devel -> eclipse

Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com> writes:

> Does anyone know of a showstopper that would prevent us from updating the
> current eclipse (3.4.2 IIRC) to what is currently in eclipse-devel (3.5.2)?
>
> If not then I'd propose to do that once the code freeze is over so that
> eclipse-devel can be used for people to work on 3.6.0.

Well, my preference would actually be to ultimately have Helios (3.6.x)
as the default port, eclipse. It is the current release after all.

For people who still need Galileo (3.5.x) I'd like the current
eclipse-devel repo-copied to eclipse35 or eclipse-galileo. You could
even do that for Ganymede (eclipse -> eclipse34 or eclipse-ganymede),
which eliminates any showstoppers. Unless someone is actually working on
an e4 port, eclipse-devel should then be IGNOREd (all IMHO, my 2c, ...).

Of course, this could be done in several smaller steps, similar to what
you suggested above, so we can try out Helios in eclipse-devel for a
short while not breaking the default port.

I realize this is quite a bit more work than your proposal, but I think
it's a good rule to have the current release as the default port.

tg