Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:04:26 -0500
From:      "Paul '" <smak_420@hotmail.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: overclocking and freebsd

I dont know about that.. It may be true with the more recent chips, but my
PPro 180 is chugging right along at 240Mhz on 4.4 Release (512k cache too).

I was using NT with distributed.net's RC5 running at idle for years at that
clock speed, but have not installed the FreeBSD dnetc since i upgraded with
this new OS.. i have heard however, that FreeBSD (like linux) allows the
actual cpu to run cooler than a windows operating system.. so those sporting
peltier's may want to take precautions if switching from windows to a more
efficient OS.

Many

tedm@toybox.placo.com
> Author of:                           The FreeBSD Corporate Networker's
Guide
http://www.freebsd-corp-net-guide.com