Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 19:27:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spike Gronim <spork@cncn.com>
To:        Dustin Pika <dustpika@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD AGP compatible???

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Dustin Pika wrote:

> To whomever feels they can answer either of my questions:
>

> I recently bought a new Pentium II based, Win95 PC.
> Since Pentium II's feature AGP instead of PCI, will this
> prevent me from being able to run FreeBSD on my PC???
>
> Also, since FreeBSD and Linux are both non-commercial packages
> of the Unix OS, is software interchangable between them.
> I have seen some Linux applications that I am interested in,
> but would like to know if they will work in FreeBSD first.
>
>                                          Sincerly,
>                                         Dustin Pika

Hello.

	AGP (I believe) is an extension of the PCI bus. I am running a PII
w/an AGP *video card*, but the rest of the system is PCI and ISA. It runs
really nicely, I have a really nice X server running, and I have not had
any problems with the PCI SCSI card (Aaptec 2940UW) that is also on the
PCI bus.

	-Spike Gronim
	 spork@cncn.com

		"Hacker, n: One who hacks real good."
			--The Computer Contradictionary, Second Edition