Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 14:45:50 -0800
From:      Alex Carlos Braga Antao <e9203125@linf.unb.br>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS DONīT WORK !!!

Hi,

 I have a little question :

     WHY MY DNS ISNīT WORKING ? I COULDN`T FIGURE IT OUT !

 I have a server that iīll be the DNS of my domain, connected by several
PCīS.

 -> the PCīs recognizes the server only by the phisical address(We can
TELNET, FTP and HTTP, but only by phisical address).
 -> the server recognizes himself and others specified in /etc/hosts
(giving itīs name to the correct address).
 -> the file resolv.conf is configured correctly (with : domain and
nameserver of the server itself).
 -> into file host.conf : it first searchs on file hosts, then bind and
without nis.
 -> nothing on hosts.equiv
 -> n PING the PCīs return : Bad IP address.

Please if somebody could help me...

Thanks,
  Alex Carlos