Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 1995 18:55:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   network priority changed?

Ever since 2.0.5 my systems running with ISA network cards (SMC Ultra's) havent
been nearly as fast as with 2.0.5, (650k/sec peak instead of 980k/sec peak) as
well as getting messages like so on the console fairly frequently during heavy
network activity:

ed0: warning - receiver ring buffer overrun

Leading me to believe that the priority of the network (ISA?) handlers were
lowered since 2.0.5.  Am I way off base here?  If so, what tunables would one
suggest to get the performance back up to snuff..

-Crh

    Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu

                     http://rs560.msu.edu/~henrich/