Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2006 22:10:10 +0200
From:      Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
To:        racinej@mcmaster.ca
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000, pwc driver, & webcam software...

On Friday 09 June 2006 19:07, Jeffrey Racine wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am running FreeBSD 6.1, and am attempting to get a webcam up and
> running.
>
> I installed the pwcbsd driver and placed pwc_load="YES" in loader.conf.
> Upon boot, the camera is recognized and dmesg tells me
>
> pwc0: Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 USB webcam
> pwc0: This camera is equipped with a Sony CCD sensor + TDA8787 (32)
>
> So far so good.
>
> Now I am at a loss, and am looking for advice.
>
> I can't seem to find any software that captures images that works. I
> have looked at camserv, motion, spcaview, cqcam, phpsview, but none of
> them seem to want to cooperate (note - these use the ugen device and I
> tried them w/o the pwc driver).
>
> So, is anyone aware of software for still & motion image capture that
> indeed works with the bwc driver?
>
> Many thanks for any/all suggestions.
>
> -- Jeff

%pwcview
Usage: pwcview [ -f device ] size fps

        size can be: sqcif, qsif, qcif, sif, cif or vga
        fps should be in the range of 4-30

This viewer gets installed by the pwc port. It also works with mplayer with
the rawvideo option (pwc(4) mentions how to do this), and with the new
version of kbtv. But you seem to want seperate images, not just a viewer,
well at the port's website there are patches for camserv and motion and other
ports: http://raaf.atspace.org/

HTH,

Dan