Date:      Sun, 05 Apr 2015 23:18:10 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        User questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   lxde menu disappeared!

I have an odd problem which eluding my ability to resolve. The menu on
the lxde panel has gone and I cannot find any way to restore it.

I have had to do some updates to resolve some other application issues,
and had an issue with the fs and SU+J with system panics. That is
resolved now (touch wood) and while there are some updates still to be
completed, things should be right as lxde updates are completed.

A search reveals there should be an update-menus command, but is non
existent in the freebsd system. I tried update-desktop-databases but
that did nothing. I have rebooted several times in resolving the issue,
to no avail as well.

Anyone know a fix for this?

TIA