Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 09:26:49 -0600 (CST)
From:      pokora@execpc.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Mount root failure

I've successfully install FreeBSD, or so the install program indicates as
such. I've installed on my second hard drive. I reboot and use
hd(1,a)/kernel as instructed, the kernel starts to boot, after a short time
the boot process gives me an error message as follows:

vg0(VGA-Campatible display device) rev142 int a irq ?? on pci0:5
panic: cannot mount root

What does this mean? Is there a way around it? Can I edit the configuration
so I can boot? What do I need to do to get the system to mount the device?
Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance!!

Ross