Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2014 20:56:10 +0100
From:      John Marino <freebsd.contact@marino.st>
To:        marino@freebsd.org
Cc:        wen@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port for OpenERP v7.0

On 1/24/2014 19:10, John Marino wrote:
> On 1/24/2014 18:52, Jose Gonzalez wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I posted this thread on the forum too, but then I saw this email address
>> checking into the ports version for OpenERP. Here's the thing.
>>
>> My company wants to start looking into OpenERP v7.0. I have seen some
>> deployments in different flavors. I absolutely want to do it on FreeBSD.
>> Does anyone know if port for OpenERP v7.0 is on its way to the port
>> repository?
>>
>> I really appreciate any heads up on this.
>>

> Somebody opened a PR on this 10 days ago:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/185844
>
> That's a good sign (assuming it's the server you want)

I'm trying to figure out the history of this openerp port.  It looks
like a lot was truncated when CVS was converted to SVN.

It seems there used to be a finance/openerp v6.0.3.  This was deleted as
part of an abandoned repocopy of finanance/openerp-server.  It may be
related to the abandoned PR ports/167731 (9 May 2012) owned by
wen@freebsd.org

There is PR to upgrade that port to version 6.1.1 (ports/167698, 7 May
2012).  That never happened, nor was it renamed to finance/openerp.
Wen@freebsd.org took the PR but never did anything with it.

ports/175359 tried to update finance/openerp-server to version 6.0.4 on
16 Jan 2013.  Maintainer ignored it.  On 9 Sep 2013, the maintainer
resigned, but the PRs were never put back on the heap.

And now we have the PR to update it to version 7.0.

I'm going to close all the PRs except the last one to clear up some of
this confusion.

John