Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:28:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Tani Hosokawa <unknown@riverstyx.net>
Cc:        Mark Ovens <markov@globalnet.co.uk>, Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Amusing: LinuxCountry site runs on FreeBSD :)

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Tani Hosokawa wrote:

> On a semi-related note, Business 2.0 had a little article on Y2K stuff
> in their June issue...
>
> "Thomas Edwards isn't worried about Y2K.  Why should be be?  The Sync, a
> Laurel, MD.-based Internet broadcasting company he founded, likely won't
> notice the date change.  The Sync's array of FreeBSD Unix servers will
> survive New Year's eve with no problems, Edwards predicts.  "I don't think
> it's a major problem.  You should just back up everything," he says.
>
> On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Mark Ovens wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 08:30:26PM +0200, Len Conrad wrote:
> > > I see where the "*nix effect" has landed FreeBSD on the
> > > wwww.serverwatch.com Top 15 Downloads!
> > >
> > > http://serverwatch.internet.com/top15.html
> > >

> > Did you read their review of it?

Its great, except for two little nits where they mention the
licencing.  Once on page two where they state that "it requires source
distribution", and on page 3 where they place the "less restrictive"
license as a "Con" instead of a "Pro".  I fired off a nice message to
them pointing this out, so maybe they'll correct them.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )

   "One should admire Windows users.  It takes a great deal of
    courage to trust Windows with your data."