Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 10:02:33 +0200
To:        lioux@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Unable to run JX applications :(

Hi!

My name is Klavs, and I am trying to get into c++ and programming X
applications for FreeBSD. I wanted to chek out the JX library and programs
made with this library, but unfortuneatly I have not managed to install it
properly for some unknown reason.

After upgrading my BSD box to FreeBSD 4.2 and upgrading X windows to v6
port I managed to install JX as binary package and later I also managed to
compile using the ports library and sources from newplanetsoftware but here
still pops out the following error:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/libjcore-1_5_3.so: Undefined
symbol "activate__13ACE_Task_BaseliiliP13ACE_Task_BasePP7pthreadPPvPUiT7"

my uname -a output is:

FreeBSD  4.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE #0: Sun Jan  7 21:36:07 EET 2001
root@:/usr/src/sys/compile/CITADELE  i386

I suppose that the default ACE configuration tries to use pthreads but
probably it is not available in the -stable release? (It was mentioned
somewhere that it works only in -current in header files)

If so, than how do I can compile package without pthread? I tryed simply to
copy config-freebsd.h ower config-freebsd-pthreads.h and
platform_freebsd.GNU ower platform _freebsd_pthreads.GNU, but then the make
drops out with errors (unable to patch if i do it before patheing or
compilation arrers if I do it after patching)

Thank You for Your help!

Regards -
Klavs Krumins