Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2002 17:19:29 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Riccardo Torrini <riccardo@torrini.org>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The great perl script rewrite - big problem

On 2002-12-08 16:03, Riccardo Torrini <riccardo@torrini.org> wrote:
> I contributed to the great perl script rewrite but seems that
> we forgot to rewrite some important perl script:
>
> # grep -lR perl /etc/periodic/
> /etc/periodic/daily/440.status-mailq
> /etc/periodic/daily/460.status-mail-rejects
> /etc/periodic/daily/470.status-named
> /etc/periodic/security/550.ipfwlimit
> /etc/periodic/security/650.ip6fwlimit

I believe this has been fixed now, after my last commit to those exact
files.  Thanks for noticing this and mailing Mark and the list though.

> I think that an awk migration may be appropriate, and also a MFC.
> Also a Cc: to stable people may be required.

I'm not sure about MFC'ing this, since 4.X installations have Perl in
the FreeBSD base-system.  I don't have a -STABLE installation nearby,
but if anyone feels like testing the changes I made to 5.0 and
backporting them to 4.X, I do not have any sort of objection.

I would only suggest waiting at fair period for this to settle in,
since I know of some cases that the style of the scripts I wrote might
need fixing.  If anyone wants to MFC the changes, please wait at least
a few weeks before committing anything to STABLE.  There isn't any
compelling reason why these should be merged *now*.

Giorgos