Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:07:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        knu@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/32146: portupgrade-20011118 fails to build packages of dependent ports

>Number:         32146
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       portupgrade-20011118 fails to build packages of dependent ports
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD onceler.kciLink.com 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #3: Wed Oct 17 12:01:32 EDT 2001 khera@yertle.kciLink.com:/u/yertle2/usr.obj/amd/onceler/u/onceler1/usr/src/sys/ONCELER i386

portupgrade 20011118 doesn't make packages of the ports on which the
current port depends, whether or not -R is specified.  I recall this
working properly with the prior version of portupgrade.

>How-To-Repeat:

On a machine without a particular port or its dependencies, such as
qt, run

portupgrade -RrvpN qt

it will build and install all the dependencies for qt, but only build
the package for qt itself, not for the dependencies.

Personally, I'd expect it to build the dependencies' packages without
either -R or -r as long as -p was specified which is what I tried
first, but that didn't work, either.

>Fix:

Dunno.  I wanted to build packages of KDE for local use, but doing
every one by hand seems to make portupgrade kind of useless for this.