Date:      12 Nov 1998 14:44:05 -0500
From:      Andrew Heybey <ath@niksun.com>
To:        "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcibridge card (really)

"Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM> writes:

> I have a dolphin sci card that says it is a bridge. There appears to be
> no equivalent to: DATA_SET (pcidevice_set, scisc_device);
> for bridges. Other than modifying pcisupport.c is there any way to get
> the kernel to probe this card? It's not getting probed now as part of
> pci init. because pci thinks it is a bridge.

I had a similar situation with a card with a PCI-ISA bridge on it.  I
just hacked a test for the bridge vendor's ID into
sys/pci/pci_support.c:generic_pci_bridge() (to not recognize it as a
bridge for that particular ID is found).  This is clearly not The Right Thing,
so I would be interested in finding out what is.

andrew