Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 1996 19:19:40 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS and NIS between two 2.1-STABLE machines

Nik Clayton wrote in message ID
<199604181018.LAA10291@plum.blueberry.co.uk>:
> As an example, I recall someone saying that NFS locking code isn't there
> yet, and I imagine that'll have ramifications for mail delivery if
> it occurs on exported filesystems.

No, NFS locking isn't there. And I would really recommend having mail
delivered to just one machine (makes admin even easier ... only one
/var/mail to worry about filling up :-) ). If people want to read
their mail on the 2nd box, POP is a good solution. It'll allow them to
read it on any box on the network actually.

Someone else will have to comment about NIS.

Gary