Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:11:09 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No go with glob.3.x.patch

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 08:18:48PM -0400, Jim Weeks wrote:
> Fellows,
>=20
> I still can't get the updated ftpd security patch to work.  The patch
> fails with:

What version of FreeBSD?

> --------------
> Patching file libexec/ftpd/ftpd.c using Plan A...
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 227 with fuzz 1 (offset 38 lines).
> Hunk #2 failed at 2666.
> 1 out of 2 hunks failed--saving rejects to libexec/ftpd/ftpd.c.rej
> --------------

Did you already apply the old patch? If so, you should have backed it
out with patch -R before applying the new one.

> However, when comparing libexec/ftpd/ftpd.c with libexec/ftpd/ftpd.c.rej,
> we find that the patch has been applied as is evidenced bellow.

Only the first hunk, the second hunk failed (as noted above)

> Now, /usr/src/lib/libc seems to make and install just fine, but
> /usr/src/libexec/ftpd fails with the following error.
>=20
> --------------
>=20
> /usr/src/libexec/ftpd/ftpd.c:2167: for each function it appears in.)
> /usr/src/libexec/ftpd/ftpd.c:2156: warning: variable `dout' might be
> clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'
> /usr/src/libexec/ftpd/ftpd.c:2157: warning: variable `dirlist' might be
> clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'
> /usr/src/libexec/ftpd/ftpd.c:2158: warning: variable `simple' might be
> clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'
> /usr/src/libexec/ftpd/ftpd.c:2159: warning: variable `freeglob' might be
> clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'
> *** Error code 1

These are warnings, not errors (well, not sure what the partial
message was on the first line, it might have been an error).  If you
built with make -j this can obscure the relation of the compiler
output to what is actually causing the error message.

Kris
--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5--