Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 23:29:07 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: latest -current

> In message <199804300448.WAA06238@mt.sri.com> Nate Williams writes:
> : What happens when you do 'pccardc dumpcis'.
>
> # pccardc dumpcis
> 2 slots found

Hmm, that's no good.  How -current is this?

> With our without the ehtneret card plugged in, I get the same
> message.  I used to get the card inserted, removed messages, but those
> don't happen.  pcic shows up in the dmesg as being probed.

That hasn't changed.  The userland code (pccardd/pccardc) has changed
though.  The above output happened at one point when I screwed up, but
it should have been fixed in both -current and -stable.

> Trouble is that I don't have an old good kernel to fall back on :-(
> since it took a couple of tries (and make installs) to get this far.
> Hmmm, maybe a boot floppy....
>
> I've done the usual recompile the kernel after rm -rf the compile
> directory, so I'm puzzled.  I'll keep playing with it to see if there
> is something that I can do to at least figure out what is going on.

Thanks, I'm confused as well.  If all else fails, you could try backing
out the changes I made to usr.sbin/pccard/pccardd/readcis.c to see if
that helps.

Nate