Date:      Sun, 26 May 2013 09:25:13 -0700
From:      Marc Fournier <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Mikhail Tsatsenko <m.tsatsenko@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Virtualbox: time sync

On 2013-05-26, at 2:54 AM, Mikhail Tsatsenko <m.tsatsenko@gmail.com> =
wrote:

> 2013/5/26 Marc Fournier <scrappy@hub.org>:
> Hi
>>=20
>> First, thank you for the answer about switching from straight bridge =
to using a tap device ... that made a *huge* difference ... I'm not able =
to actually run a build world within the environment without having the =
whole machine lock up ...
>>=20
>> So, went next step ... now that I can successfully build, I added the =
Guest Additions ... from what I've read, its what is required in order =
to get time sync to work between host and guest ... but doesn't quite =
seem to do it:
>>=20
>> # ssh ams "(uptime; date)" ; date
>> 1:55AM  up 1 day, 20:30, 0 users, load averages: 0.05, 0.07, 0.08
>> Sun May 26 01:55:16 ADT 2013
>> Sun May 26 04:57:57 UTC 2013
>>=20
>> kldstat shows the vboxguest.ko module has been loaded ... I have ntpd =
disabled, so I don't believe I'm *supposed* to need it, correct?
> try setting sysctl kern.eventtimer.idletick=3D1
> It should resolve the issue

Just to confirm =85is this within the Guest, or on the Host itself?
Thx