Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 20:29:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        njs3@doc.ic.ac.uk (Niall Smart)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@smith.net.au, nate@mt.sri.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernfs/procfs questions...

> } Subject: Re: kernfs/procfs questions...
> >
> > I think you guys are confusing:
> >
> > 	"sysctl, the bogus API for TCP RFC conformance twiddling"
> >
> > with:
> >
> > 	"sysctl, the useful tool for dynamic field reconfiguration
> > 	 of experimental code as part of bug resoloution"
>
>   dynamic field reconfiguration -- changing?

dynamic (in the field) reconfiguration

>   experimental code -- this stuff I'm working on?

experimental "don't bitch, it's not a permamanet condition" code

>   as part of bug resolution -- while debugging?

while remote debugging via email while a schmuck on the other end
plays "sysctl robot" for you...

> Oh, you mean "sysctl, the thing I use to help debug this stuff
> I'm working on"!
>
> Well, why didn't you just say so!

The "I" in "I use" is not the same as the "I" in  "I'm working on".

8-p.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---